- Location: 40 km west of Ha Tien
- Status: the largest island of Vietnam
- Population: approximately 85,000 (2001 statistics)
- Area: 574 square kilometers
- An ideal tourist attraction for ocean lovers
Phu Quoc has been famous among domestic and foreign tourists as the most beautiful and biggest island in Vietnam. Despite being a long-time tourist attraction, the island still possesses its extraordinary beauty with unspoiled white-sand beaches and quaint fishing villages.
Located in the Gulf of Thailand, Phu Quoc island lies just 12 km south of the Cambodian coast, west of Kampot, and 45 km west of Ha Tien, the nearest coastal town in Vietnam. The northern part of the island is filled with 99 forested mountains while the southern part is better known for its beaches.
Tourists can choose to uncover the charming treasures of this beautiful island in different forms ranging from cycling tours along the empty dirt roads, kayaking on its quiet inlets or scuba diving around the coral reefs. Tourists can also visit Ham Ninh Fisherman Ancient Village to experience the daily life of the fishermen and then stop at a traditional fish sauce factory to learn how the Phu Quoc fish sauce production are made and enjoy the unique aromatic flavor of Phu Quoc fish sauce.
This island is famous for its two traditional products: high-quality fish sauce (nuoc mam) and black pepper. The rich fishing grounds offshore provide the anchovy catch from which the prized sauce is made. Pepper cultivation is located inland in the center of the island. Besides, the islanders here have traditionally earned their living from the sea and recently from making pearls.
Coming to this picturesque island, you will have chance to enjoy delicious fresh sea food cooked by vendors in conical palm hats sitting on the ground or prepared by local chefs at luxurious restaurants along the coastline. More interestingly, you are offered to choose to live in five-star hotels of glorious resorts with the scenic views over the islands or enjoy homestays in rustic bungalows with local islanders.
• Discovering one of your hidden talents – angling, checking who can catch the greatest number of fish
• Having quality leisurely time simply lazing around beautiful beaches
• Spotting the remarkable biodiversity of picturesque natural forests
• Revealing the interesting secret of how pearl is made
• Detecting Phu Quoc’s unique black pepper manufacturing techniques
• Satisfying your appetite with delectable dishes of sea delicacies
• Full day tour to visit highlights of Saigon
• Experience the local life and culture of people in Mekong Delta
• Enjoy wonderful feeling in cosy cabin on Mekong Eyes cruise
• Walk to a rural village or cooking class on board
• Explore small canals of Tan Phong islet, coconut candy producing family
• Bicycle ride on back roads or walk in a small village along the Mekong Canals
• Learn more about the history and culture when visiting the top attraction in Ho Chi Minh city
• Make your way around and try some bargain like a local in Ben Thanh Market
• Blown away by the hustle and bustle of Cai Rang floating market
• Learn how to make coconut candy, rice paper, pop corn in traditional way when in Mekong Delta
• Lie in a lounge chair and spend entire day softening your daily life's stress and worry in quiet beach of Phu Quoc
• Taste the fresh seafood in reasonable price
• Be amazed by the wondrous natural settings of Vietnam’s beaches
• Enjoy a wide variety of delightful dishes full of fresh and yummy sea foods
• Take part in different exciting activities of snorkeling, parasailing, and so on
• Let it go with the flow of unique lives in coastal cities
• Have the most memorable time with ultimate convenience
• Strolling along the busy streets in the authentic cultural and historical Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
• Settling amid symphony of happiness in cozy Moon Garden – the unique honeymoon homestay in the outskirt of Hanoi
• Joining the unique local floating daily life with the trip to Mekong Delta
• Rewarding yourselves with an amazing overnight cruise trip in Halong Bay - the world natural heritage site with joyful time kayaking, boat rowing, cave sightseeing, cooking class demonstrating
• Relaxing in stunning Phu Quoc Islands - the honeymoon beach paradise of Vietnam
Cassia Cottage began as a spice trader’s family retreat. It evolved into Phu Quoc Island’s boutique resort sui generis.This is a place where time stands still, leaving you to savor simple pleasures. Relax on the beach and let the ocean kiss your toes. Wander through the gardens before sharing a bottle of wine. Allow the lapping...
Located in the lovely area of Cua Lap, Mercure Phu Quoc Resort and Villas enjoys a commanding position in the romance, restaurants, beaches hub of Phu Quoc Island. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see...
Set on one of the island's most well-known beaches, Truong Beach, the 5-star Novotel Phu Quoc Resort offers a spectacular beachfront location. Our resort boasts a variety of luxurious room types offering sea-facing balconies or terraces and villas with private pools. It also features two restaurants, two bars, two swimming pools, a spa, a kids...
Located on Phu Quoc Island (Vietnam), La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc, member of the MGallery collection, boasts a style reminiscent of a French seaside mansion. Set in tropical gardens on a beautiful stretch of beach, the beach luxury resort and boutique hotel and spa boasts large terraces with sweeping views ideal for honeymoons, spa...
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort & Spa offers 4-star accommodation and world-class facilities, including a pool, fitness center and tennis courts, airport shuttle service and bike use are free of charge. Spacious air-conditioned rooms at Resort Phu Quoc feature classic wood furnishings and private balconies with sweeping views of the...
Welcome to Sea Star Resort. Sea Star Resort is reminiscent of a tranquil Vietnamese village in an evergreen coconut grove. The resort is proud to have the nicest stretch of Long Beach with natural shade from Malabar almond and palm trees. Thanks to these trees holding the golden sand, Sea Star is the only resort in Phu Quoc that has...