- Location: 169 km from Ho Chi Minh City
- Status: the largest city of Mekong Delta
- Population: 1,5 million (estimated 2012)
- Also referred to as “Tay Do”, meaning “Western capital”
- Famous for its verdant orchards, a form of ecotourism
Being the main and biggest city of the Mekong River Delta, Can Tho is renowned for its friendly and warm people, interesting floating markets, beautiful Buddhist pagodas, as well as delicious foods and verdant fruits.
Located nearly 170 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City (3 hours drive), the city expresses its charm in the saying: “Can Tho, ivory rice, clear waters; Those who come want to stay forever”. Having its name deriving from “river of poems”, Can Tho is also indicated as “Tay Do”, meaning “Western Capital”.
As you take a deep breath and go with the flow of the Mekong River, the lives of local people are revealed little by little. Observe the verdant gardens on the two river banks, sail through an intensive system of canals, buy exotic and qualified products at floating markets, and see how interesting it is as the old constantly shrug with the new. Such authentic cultural experiences will definitely be your unforgettable memories.
The two most renowned attractions of Can Tho are Bang Lang Stork Garden and Cai Rang Floating Market. Together with Ninh Kieu Wharf, Cai Rang Floating is consistently referred to in several musical and literary works about Can Tho. Also, it is the gathering place of nearly all agricultural products of Western Vietnam. With bustling boats from every part of the region, the Market is definitely attractive to tourists.
On the other hand, at Bang Lang Stork Garden, you will catch sight of thousands of storks in various colors and types flying gracefully in the sky, lying playfully at tree branches, calling eagerly for partners. Looking from afar, the green orchard is dotted with the white color of storks, looking like cherry blossoms blooming in the spring. This is one typical example of Can Tho’s different ecotourism areas. With beautiful and charming gardens which are full of fresh fruits and other orchard specialties, this form of tourism surely enriches the potential of Mekong Delta region.
• A lifetime memorable trip ever
• True experience of Mekong Delta region by visiting famous places there like Cai Rang Floating Market, My Tho, Chau Doc, Can Tho
• Exotic feelings of encountering new things such as coconut candies and handcrafts, “Monkey Bridge”, catfish farm, crocodile farm, lovely fruitful gardens etc.
• A great holiday of sightseeing and admiring beauty of the nature on the water-wave of the legendary Mekong River.
• Invaluable chances to witness the daily life and traditional customs of the local.
• Witness thousands of white storks flying back to their nests in Thot Not Preserve.
• Enjoyment of folk music which only belong to the Southern people of Vietnam.
• Explore Saigon: the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, the Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office and Cu Chi Tunnel.
• Admire the beautiful scenery along the mighty Mekong River while sailing cruise
• Explore small canals of Tan Phong islet, coconut candy producing family
• Visit tropical orchard and meet the local manufacturing workshop
• Take a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively market
• Fantastic tour to explore the beauty of Mekong River
• Wonderful journey to discover the tranquil idyllic life of Vietnamese people in Mekong Delta
• Memorable excursion to visit floating market, lush orchards, enjoy authentic specialties
• Enjoyable trip to explore the bustle capital city of Phnom Penh
• Discover the famous world heritage site Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom and other sacred religious sites in Cambodia
• Great opportunity to explore the local life in Cambodia, traditional lifestyle with silk weaving and craft village
• Explore the beauty and charm of different parts along Vietnam
• Visit different famous places in North, Central and Southern Vietnam
• Obtain hands-on experience in cooking Vietnamese cuisine from preparing ingredient stage to enjoying time
• Discover Vietnamese multi-colorful culture, special customs and tradition…
• Have enjoyable time with local people, folk music, crafts, Vietnam featured souvenirs
• Have a chance to experience a new Vietnam in your own way
• Exotic holiday to explore Mekong Delta and notable attractions in the South and Central of Vietnam
• Memorable trip to discover several natural destination as well as human-created beauty spots
• Great experience of encountering the local authentic values
• Enjoyment of having the finest cuisine of the Mekong Delta and the South of Vietnam
• Interesting holiday with wide range of activities
• Unforgettable journey to truly experience the life in urban as well as countryside
• Better knowledge of the country and people of Vietnam
Located in the lovely area of Ninh Kieu Quay, Hau Giang Hotel Can Tho enjoys a commanding position in the sightseeing, restaurants, culture hub of Can Tho. The city center is merely 0.5 Km away and the airport can be reached within 15 minutes. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see...
The Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel is an all-suite hotel located right in the center of the Ninh Kiều pier, in Cần Thơ, at a stone's throw of every river transport, and which affords a panoramic view of the Mekong river. The Nam Bộ is your ideal port of call in the Mekong delta, for a stay or simply for a cocktail or a...
When visiting Can Tho, you'll feel right at home at Fortuneland Hotel Can Tho, which offers quality accommodation and great service. The hotel is not too far from the city center: just 1km away, and it normally takes about 20 minutes to reach the airport. Also within easy reach are Cantho Stadium, Cantho Quay, Can Tho Water Park.Offering...
Whether you're a tourist or traveling on business, Ninh Kieu Hotel - Hoa Binh is a great choice for accommodation when visiting Can Tho. Only 0.34 km from the city center, the hotel's strategic location ensures that guests can quickly and easily reach many local points of interest. For those of you who want to venture out, Can Tho Museum,...
The only luxury hotel in the centre of the Mekong Delta, the four star Victoria Can Tho Resort blends colonial-style architecture with the natural beauty of the river. Close to Can Tho town, this quiet retreat lies on the banks of the Hau River, set amidst gardens with a plethora of exotic plants. Nestled on the banks of the Hau River...